keep out. it's boring.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

feather fragments # 23: the professional refresher

Never before i was so keen on receiving a facebook message. When you press f5 on the facebook page, it would take around 1 to 2 seconds for the whole page go. blank. Then another 3 to 4 seconds for more important commands like 'home', 'profile', 'friends' and 'inbox' to be generated. The next thing after these is the number of unread inbox messages and never before it attributed to me such a high level of suspense. And i would curse silently to myself like an uncivilized auntie whenever i received the plenty secondary school alumni messages for the sole reason they weren't Siren's.

My efforts bore fruit two weeks after the departure. I think i've pressed more f5-s than the number of times my father brushes his teeth. Salvation.

I was doing some boring quest in Ashenvale(some place in some game). This was the first time i was grateful facebook notifies/d me every single activitiy that's happening around your social network. Honestly speaking, i wasnt as eager as if i was expecting it because i've being clicking on notifications telling me that some random friend did some test/quiz/questionaire/comment-on-some-picture/status-update/wtf/wtf/etc. But it was her reply. I remembered i was gaming and forced myself to forget that i was and it was done with little effort. During then, I found myself alt+tabbing between the game and the message to a point i got so anxious in replying her that i closed the game impulsively. I giggled. And smiled. And sniggered. And chuckled. And whatever-verb-that-meant-the-same. Told myself to be sane and stop whatever-verb-that-meant-the-same-ing to myself for no good reason, but failed and resumed WVTMTS-ing.

I'mma glamourise my professionalism in refreshing facebook pages. Remember the date i sent her the message? February 26th. Look at her reply time and mine.





















That's why the picture's still there. Sorry.

And she never replied after this. So much for being professional at refreshing.

3 comments:

toby said...

sorry man....i am really sorry for what i did then....*guilty feelings surge*

a! said...

haaaaaa....what u did ha toby?

btw the pic intentionally smeared wan isit?

raggy said...

yeah... and there's a part which is not smeared.