keep out. it's boring.

Monday, May 18, 2009

feather fragments # 3: the minor spark of light

Do not misunderstand. This title is written by me. So i'm the only person who saw the minor spark of light. Nobody else. Literally.

Meet Siren. You ought to know who. 'She' from the previous posts. Meet Toby. You ought to know why. 'He' from the previous posts. Irrelevant names are given just to avoid the confusion of subjects.

****************************

I tried to sms her some time in the middle asking casual stuff. I'm lucky that she even replied but i received one word replies. What a disappointment. Not crying for that anyway.

****************************

It was shutdown period for my factory. One week. Invited to sing by Toby. Siren's attending too. Yeah, wasn't having any hopes at that time but still went for the sake of listening to her sing. Never knew or heard someone who sung classically and professionally. Would've been nice if i had the chance.

So we arrived at RedBox at around 6. There were 5 of us. Siren went to get her friend, CloudK, leaving the 3 of us here in the room. We exchanged glances, passing the remote control and mic to each other, fearing that she would suddenly come in and see either one of us mutilate a song. Or at least that's what i thought back then. And that unlucky (or maybe not) person was.. me. zhi zhan zhi sang. Heh.

Then some pop songs were picked. Those classic 90s. BSB. Nsync. Blue. Westlife. Wtf. Some chinese songs then. Siren picked a number of Fish songs and wanted CloudK to sing but eventually sang it all by herself. Then some Joey Yung songs. Then Toby picked some Mayday songs. And then i did out of control. Everybody laughed. I feel like i can be the second William Hung.

Nextly i williamhung-ed Bring Me to Life. I ended it with a DaniFilth-like (ok, nowhere close) scream. Everybody there seemed, or acted like they enjoyed having their ears raped and applauded. Siren too.

They then moved on to Disney songs. Beauty and the beast. Reminds of how reality is not a fairy tale.

Somewhere in between Siren did Di Shi Hang( Xing: she mistakenly read it) Xing. I melted. Someone asked me to rap over that part. I couldn't catch up as i read chinese pretty slow. Plus, i only heard the song once. I picked Tian Tian Ye Ye (also from the same band) but she doesn't seem to know that song. Shucks.

I mutilated a number of songs. The only impressive part is i did it without seeing the lyrics. She then asked me if i visit Karaoke sessions frequently and it's bad that i do. I replied,' have u heard a change in my voice?'. Ok. Label me arrogant.

That couple of songs include she loves me not. I will somehow always pick that song to sing. Sucks to be me.

She sang operatically then. Hao Ri Zi. She asked us if she's scaring us by singing that song. We applauded for quite awhile as if we never heard operatic. Then some time after that i did This is the New Shit, and everybody laughed harder. I asked her back if she's scaring us more or me. Haha. Not funny.

In betweens (oops im so self-centered) were slotted with songs chosen from the other people besides CloudK. She left at ten without singing a song. I remember asking her why come here and dont sing, without realising the expression change in her face.

The other two guys picked songs which i didnt quite remember clearly. (Sorry!) I remember I'm yours was picked. She liked it. The song i mean. Not our version, just to ensure the obvious.

At 12++, Siren's mum called her. She was doing some jingbusa SHE song. When she chose that song i was like wtf even operatic singers listen to such poppish songs. To convince the validity of her answer about her location that her mother asked, she act-cutely sung a part of that song. Gave me the impression that she and her mother are close.

Hmm. this went on till three. a.m.. My throat is so sore talking seems like it's taking a lot of effort. I remember rapping over FRGT/10. Siren whispered to Toby inquiring about my standard of English. Apparently i didn't know that her English is inferior than mine even though she studies in Australia. (backstab!)

The rest of the details are boring. In fact to everyone else i think some of them written above are. These include taking pictures in front of RedBox (wtf)/in the stairs of Gurney Plaza (wtf wtf)/in front of the lifts (wtf wtf wtf)/in the carpark. (WTF)

Little did i know the next day we would have a 2-3 hour msn chat...

tbc.

4 comments:

tloon said...

lol...toby..nice nick...dont understand siren though...

raggy said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren

mei said...

this is actually quite entertaining! beats mcdreamy & fickle meredith anyway! moarrr moarr!

raggy said...

tail erection detection