keep out. it's boring.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

feather fragments # 6: the last goodnightnsweetdreams # (3&4)

These two nights were different. I hoped for more lengthy conversations with Siren and wanted her to reply me with full enthusiasm, so i waited for that. For both nights, I remembered i moved to the other room because that room has a TV and i won't fall asleep waiting.

*****

The third night, I remembered i watched the first Terminator when Arnold was the bad guy with 50 percent of my concentration and the rest on the taskbar, hoping for orange blinks meaning notifications for receiving messages. I remembered the car park scene from the movie, then how they brought the fight to the police station, then missed the part after that, then suddenly Arnold turned into an andriod and didnt even bothered to watch how the future guy killed it. I know the protagonist died. But i don't remember his name. How fail.

When she paid attention, i remembered the first thing we talked about was about her birthday, which will be arriving soon at that time. Suddenly she jokingly requested that i draw her portrait, and i'm guessing that was based on Boschbell's story that i told her. Woah, i declined saying 'who are you to me for me to draw you?'. Typing this i have an urge to go back in time and slap the 'me' back then. Anyhow that request/statemnt/question did disorientated my heartbeat rate. Yes, i'm that easy. Terms and conditions applied, though.

Nextly i asked her about her interests and the things she like. Obviously, at that time, it was just to get something for her for her birthday. (i doubt the honesty of this sentence) Her reply? Cosmetics. Oh great. I know nuts about cosmetics. Then she said that her sis is gonna buy for her anyway. Plus it's expensive. It made me wonder though, to get or not to get?

Her favourite color is deep red. I told her about mine. She can barely remember it but she got it correct in the facebook quiz about myself 'how well do you know XXX?' (should i feel happy about it? she did that question through the phone with me with me agreeing on what color she thinks that i don't like. i'm easy anyway)

After feeling tired of exchanging informations about our interests, i remembered, not very clearly though, asking her about her life in Australia. About how she converse with the people there because her English didn't seem as refined as someone who studied and came back from Australia. So i found out most of the people she mixes with were Mainland Chinese, Hongkees, Koreans. (not very sure on this part). Explains a lot. A whole lot.

*******

For the fourth night, i remembered watching Rain being featured on MTV. Used that as a starting topic, then moved on to asking her about her preference on random good-looking artists, eg Takeshi Kaneshiro or Wang Li Hong, then her choice on description of character, eg, macho or pretty etc. TK>WLH to her. Second question was answered greedily, answer being a little bit of both. She then said her man doesnt have to be super good looking, just presentable is good enough. However she added, if he's too not good looking it's very hard for her to fall for him too. Do i need to worry for that? Oh, she complimented on how i look at that time, again.

So i went on to compliment her too, and the topic is changed to my preference now, question being yan li vs wen jing. The celebrity examples have being changed to lee jia xing vs linda chung. Apparently, my chinese and my knowledge about TVB sucks, so both of the questions are kind of difficult for me answer. At first i don't quite understand the meaning of yan li too, and she patiently explained it to me. Somehow i changed her question to yao yan vs ke ai, with my answer being yao yan. She later asked me what type of girl do i see her as, i answered yao yan too. I wonder if that offended her or not. Cause somehow i felt she wanted to be complimented cute. Don't know. Heck it doesnt matter anymore now doesnt it.

My chinese was proved awfully bad again when she used the word wu nai and i dont quite understand it again. I see the word everywhere but never inquired about it. Again, she patiently explained the meaning of the word with a few examples. The first one is a bad one, she kind of forcefully used Akasha as a subject and i'm supposed to feel wu nai after all my fruitless efforts and duration. Still i don't quite get it and she used a teacher-student example, eg someone asked you to teach him something, you really gave your best teaching and the person being taught doesnt seem to understand, making you feel wu nai. Heh.

Then, she talked about her music teacher and how proud of the teacher having a student like Siren herself. haHAaHhaaHah. So i asked about her history of music and her family background.

As both of us were feeling more comfortable talking to each other, i tried to ask her out again. She suddenly didnt reply for a period. I swore my heart skipped a beat back then. I was halfway accepting the fact that i was ignored again but she replied that her mum talking to her. Another reason to slap myself if i were to go back in time, because she asked me where would we go, i simply replied, ' dunno, queensbay?', "do what?", 'go walk around lo', " I'm not Akasha wor"

OUCH.

********

Anyway, both nights have longest good night and sweet dreams exchanges. We initially bid each other farewell at like 530, then had something to talk about again until we realised its 545... 600... and finally my dad woke up and caught me still awake at such an early time. Offlined at around 615.

tbc..

p.s.: 如果我说爱我没有如果错过就过你是不是会难过

4 comments:

Omar said...

Riveting...

HOW COME U DONNO 无奈? U SAAAAAAAAAAAHK :D

raggy said...

what is riveting?

said...

haha.. u so ke ai....

said...

wow.... 1st time c mandarin words here.... haha...